Oh Blog Dee, Oh Blog Dah...

..................................................................................................................la la la la life goes on

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ, United States

Friday, July 1, 2011

Stickin' Kickin' Chickin'


Stickin' Kickin' Chickin'



If you don't already know, I LOVE Chinese food and I also love spicy food. This is a sweet and spicy chicken dish that has an Asian flavor. I think Jason will love this. Dad would say it is too spicy. Every time I make this dish Chris likes it more and more. I made it a few nights ago and took pictures along the way so you can make it too :)

Ingredients:
1 tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Honey
1/4 C Soy Sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger
2 teaspoons Chopped Garlic
1 tablespoon Sriacha
1 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 tsp corn starch
4 tablespoons Corn starch or flour
Salt and Pepper, to taste
8 chicken tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces

Directions:
1.Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.

2. Fill plastic bag with 4 Tablespoons cornstarch/flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the bag.

3. Heat oil in pan. Once oil is HOT, add chicken to pan.
4. Brown chicken on both sides, You want it somewhat crunchy.

5. Pour sauce over chicken and simmer uncovered for approx 1-2 min until sauce thickens. (if it's having a hard time thickening add 2 tsp cornstarch to 1/4 c water and add to mixture.


6. Serve over a dome of White rice or along side Fried Rice.


I really think this would be great with some sliced onions, julienned carrots and button mushrooms added to the sauce. I haven't tried it yet because I am a produce killer so I never have any around.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samurai Mom said...

There is no such thing as "too spicy!"

July 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger grandmawhitehouse said...

This reminds me of Tiny Spicy Chicken. Looks gooood!

July 5, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home